Sarah also specializes in content marketing, healthcare communications and public relations.
She is a versatile, nimble and conscientious writer who can deftly tailor a client’s message and voice for a variety of audiences, including consumers, businesses, employees or investors. Whether helping clients generate buzz for innovations, cultivate company goodwill or foster an emotional attachment to brands, Sarah delivers lively, thoughtful and jargon-free content on demand.
As a consultant for the healthcare communications agency Corkery Group, Sarah wrote media pitches, patient education articles, employee memos, crisis communications, executive speeches, annual reports, newsletters and web content for Gilead Sciences. She also developed and executed a public relations campaign to announce the acquisition of a fashion accessories retailer by Alumni Capital Network, a New York private equity firm created by former partners of the management consulting company Accenture.
As a blogger for the content curation software provider OpenTopic, Sarah produced weekly posts about how to do content marketing better -- including advice on how to connect with audiences, use social media, create sales conversions, identify buyer personas and measure results effectively. She also wrote Q & A profiles with industry influencers.
Facing a looming deadline and need a capable writer to pitch in? Sarah is available to parachute into complicated projects. She adapts well to different agency and company cultures, can handle a heavy workload and is capable of taking on assignments and running with them. She’s also a savvy content coach who helps clients figure out what they want to say and how they want to say it.
Sarah has developed an expertise in women’s health and global public health issues and policy. She has written about a variety of medical conditions (listed below) – especially reproductive science, HIV and hepatitis – and is also familiar with the FDA regulatory landscape. She has a knack for turning complex medical concepts into readable, relevant content that the public can easily understand.
• Executive communications
• Annual reports
• Thought leadership
• Investor communications
• Patient education materials
• Crisis communications
• Blog content
• News releases
• Internal/ employee communications
• Web copy
• Feature articles
• Fact sheets
• Industry event and award speeches
• Video scripts
• Sales aids
• Direct mail
• White papers
Experience with therapeutic areas and medical conditions:
• Devices (gastric band)
• Immunology/ Infectious Diseases (AIDS/ HIV, hepatitis, parasite infections)
• Nutrition/ Weight Loss
• Obstetrics/ Gynecology (birth control, endometriosis, infertility, menstruation, miscarriage, ovulation, pregnancy, reproductive health, vaginal infection)
• Oncology (cancer treatment)
• Plastic surgery (breast reconstruction, liposuction)
• Psychiatry/ Psychology (Alcohol dependence, depression, emotional processing, obesity, PTSD, sexual dysfunction, substance abuse, stress, weight loss)
• Urology (impotence, reproductive health)
Examples of recent assignments:
OpenTopic Content Curation Software Provider
• Blog posts about how to do content marketing better, including Q & A profiles with industry influencers
The Corkery Group (Healthcare communications agency for Gilead Sciences)
• Shareholder letter for 2012 annual report
• Patient education articles, newsletters and fact sheets
• Website copy for Gilead
• Bimonthly executive letter to employees about company initiatives, acquisitions and crisis management
• Urban HIV patient population profiles
• Award acceptance speech
• Script for informational film about company
Alumni Capital Network
• News Release
• Fact Sheet
• National Media Placements
• Organization Memo